I am currently taking custom orders for fall/winter 2014-2015.
If you wish to be placed on the waiting list please contact me.
*ALL Christmas orders need to be placed before September 1st
in order for it to be ready on time.
SOLD? If there is a particular piece that speaks to you, and is sold, please e-mail me, as I may be able to create a similar piece with some slight variations and a stone that is uniquely for you!!!
All my work is one of a kind, and each stone carries its own unique feeling. If you are interested in a certain style, theme or design of mine, I am pleased to work with you to create a piece that is uniquely yours, within my design sense.
I can incorporate all types of stones, yours, or mine into a custom piece.
All Jewellery is handcrafted and is based on my own unique designs, therefore If I feel that what you are looking for does not fall within my design sense or technical abilities, I will let you know and try to direct you towards a colleague that will be able to work with you.
- Jewellery designs created for personal commissions cannot be reproduced, nor will I copy or reproduce the designs of another jeweler.
- I am not an Industry Jeweler, which means my studio is not the place to come to for Jewellery repair. I do not size rings, or fix broken clasps etc… I am happy to repair any of MY pieces, however I do not fix other people’s work, nor can I melt down your old gold. The process is of re-working your metals is labor intensive and time consuming, and will cost more in the long run.
- If ordering a piece that is similar to a previous design, please allow for slight variations as all pieces are hand-forged and each stone carries it’s own unique feeling. I never make the same exact piece twice.
How to make a Custom Order:
Please look through my current body of work to see what may inspire you. If you have seen a stone or design that speaks to you, and it is already sold, I am honored to work with you a similar design.
Once we have established that I can produce what you are looking for, we would set up an appointment to discuss your order.
The process can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on the complexity of the order and the time of year it is placed.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- I am away every year from January – April and will not be able to complete any orders within this time frame.
- If you are interested in engagement rings or wedding bands, please come to me way in advance, as these are special orders that require a lot of time. Please contact me at least 2 months prior to the date you will require the rings.
- Wedding Party orders also need to be at least 2 months in advance.
- Christmas orders need to be made no later than early November.
Once we have discussed your order, I then create a design and send it for approval. Once approved, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required for me to continue.
All of this can be done over the Internet through scanning of images etc…
The initial appointment and consultation is free, however, once we have established that you will proceed with an order, all other meetings and design work are logged within my hourly rate.
My rate is $55 an hour, on all custom work.
For new designs, there is a $80 design fee.
Please feel free to contact me by phone 416-908-6981or fill out a contact form.
Opal Wing Creations cannot offer refunds, however we do offer exchanges:
If you would like to exchange a piece of jewellery purchased or received as a gift, you must bring in the original sales receipt and the piece in its original form and packaging within 90 days. We have the right to refuse an exchange if the piece is overly tarnished or damaged in anyway shape or form.
If you bring in a piece after 90 days, an exchange MAY be considered with a 20% restocking fee charged.
***No exchanges are accepted after 120 days.
*Damaged jewellery will be dealt with on a case-by-case circumstance.
*Opal Wing Creations cannot be held responsible for allergic reactions to any metals, as all metals are clearly declared upon time of purchase. We would be more than happy to replace or exchange metals (ring bands and ear hooks) but a price difference and labor charge will be applied.
When purchasing a gift, if unsure what to get, please consider a GIFT CERTIFICATE, as they are problem free and the receiver can choose whatever they may like.
Opal Wing Creations if you wish to purchase a gift certificate.